Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Photos

"Redberry Lake" by Isaac, age 5, Saskatchewan, Canada.

"This is Isaac's springtime vision of Redberry Lake. On the left are the trees, a green hill in the foreground, blue lake, yellow sand, then the clubhouse, garage/drive-in, a picnic shelter just past the beach. Do you see the front of the limo parked in the drive-in/garage/driveway?"

What a magical place you have created Isaac! I want to go to Redberry Lake now! I am just loving the transition from water to sand and the slightly lighter shades of blue in the water make me think of waves. The clubhouse and picnic shelter are so cool. Did you drive in a limo when you went to Redberry Lake? Awesome creation Isaac!


"Untitled" by Lorelai, age 21 months, Arizona, USA.

Created with big brother Spencer's help.

Lorelai, your creation, as usual, is perfect. But I have to say, I think I love your toes even more. Would you mind if I took a nibble? Very sophisticated to have an "untitled" creation. I love all the red, it makes the one grey brick really stand out. I bet Spencer was a big help!


by Spencer, age 5, Arizona, USA.

"Strawberry like in my garden."

I just love this interpretation of a strawberry! It makes me think of my strawberry patch that is starting to peek out of the ground now too. Great curved edges, making it's shape very much like the real thing. My favorite part of this is the stem, what a smart use for this piece. Way to go Spencer!


by Finnegan, age 6, Saskatchewan, Canada.

"These are birds.
Back row (L to R): Great Horned Owl, Blue Jay, Red Tailed Hawk, Sparrow
Middle row (L to R): Orange-Bellied Bird, Red Beaked Woodpecker, Twilight Bird, American Kestrel
Front row (L to R): Yellow-Winged Blue Bird, Green-Winged Bird."

Finnegan, you never cease to amaze me with your elaborate creations! When I go through the list, and match up the names to the creatures, I really can see the perfect details that make each one unique. You seem like quite the young bird expert! So awesome Finnegan!


by Keira, age 3, Saskatchewan, Canada.

"It's a spring monster...it's eats flowers...but only the bad ones."

This is so cute! I learned two new things from you. 1. that there are spring monsters, and 2. that there are 'bad' flowers. This is a wonderful creation Keira!


Ester, age 10, Pennsylvania, USA.

She says it is herself spring cleaning. The white thing is an iron.

This is wonderful! Really shows the spirit of spring cleaning that goes on in so many houses this time of year. I love your interpretation of this challenge! Great creation Ester!


Issac, age 8, Pennsylvania, USA.

He created a flower, because spring reminds him that flowers will soon be up.

What a lovely flower Issac! This reminds me of the lone crocus that pops its head out of the ground this time of year, surrounded by all that lovely grass. Great use of the clear plastic disk! I wonder if there is a flower out there that is transparent? Awesome Issac!



Rachel, age 12, Pennsylvania, USA.

"A person gardening."

This is a great interpretation of spring! My back hurts just looking at this, since I have already been in this position in my garden! I love the little fence around the garden patch. Wonderful design Rachel!